topborder_kasfrakturs

topborder_kasfrakturs

Monday, June 13, 2016

In Weakness

It has, once again, been some time since I posted here. There has been a great deal happening, and so my art has been pushed to the side for a little while. But now that I am getting into the swing of things, I am hoping to push ahead with more designs.

This has been a dabbling year. I have started dabbing in embroidery-painting threads on fabric, a more rhythmic craft that pen and ink. I enjoy the steady repeated stitches, the hum of my own pace with needle and thread.


I have dabbled alongside my sister in block printing. This, too, has a rhythm, and I am find that the repeats offer chances to improve, to flourish, and to make sense of things. We have done both paper and fabric, and are finding our way to where this art might lead.

The main fabric, printed with black tulips, is an original design by my sister Karly and I, hand printed on cotton. The bindings are made from purchased quilting fabrics. 

Of course, I have continued with my fraktur designs. The feel of watercolor is still my favorite. The pooling colors swirling, the uneven ink rambling over rough paper.

A few pieces sold at From Our Hands Creative 2016. The show was lovely, and I so enjoyed meeting everyone! 
Finding the time for all of this has been a challenge. I have three jobs, if you include my art, and so balance has been difficult. Where does it all fit, I wonder? Am I enough for this? I certainly do not feel it. I do not feel that I am enough for all of this, nor that my life has enough room for all of this. 

But perhaps this is the very best place to be. A place of emptiness, of unworthiness. Because if things go well, I will know that it is not I who did it all on my own, but that it is the power of Christ in me. When I empty myself, I am filled beyond my expectations. He brings us low so that He can do His great work.

So I try to stay low, and pray simply that the work of the Lord be done.


12 comments:

  1. Beautiful post ... thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Myra. Thank you for this beautiful reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both your words and art are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A thought provoking post from a Christ centered heart. I believe we are all given talents by God to be used for his glory. With Paraclete Designs I tried first what I thought should be. God showed me over a few year period what he intended it to be and I am so grateful for his love and patience with me. Christ centered is what works. More of him - less of me. Will keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful post. The journals are WONDERFUL :). Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where have you gone? I miss your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. มาเด้ เป็นอย่างไร? เป็นส่วนประกอบของสารสกัดที่ได้จากธรรมชาติมีทั้งยังวิตามินรวม แร่ เอนเหล้าองุ่นแล้วก็เชลล์บรรเทา
    มีอีกทั้งพลาสเซนต้าแล้วก็คอลลาเจนโดนสารทั้งหมดจำเป็นที่จะต้องผ่านกระบวนการตระเตรียมสูตรยาแบบ(Homeopathy)
    เป็นศาสตร์การบำบัดที่มีต้นกำเนิดมาจาก สหพันธ์สาธารณรัฐเยอรมนี โดยกานศึกษาค้นพบของหมอ ซามุเอลฮาเนมัน แก่มากยิ่งกว่า 200
    ปีโดยมีวิธีการบรรเทาว่า (ใช้สิ่งที่คล้ายคลึงกันมารักษาสิ่งที่คล้ายคลึงกัน) หรือการนำเอาสารที่เป็นต้นเหตุของอาการนั้นๆ

    มาเด้
    มาเด้ หน้าใส
    ฉีดมาเด้ ที่ไหนดี

    ReplyDelete
  8. ติดตามอัพเดตข้อมูล uefa Euro 2020 แทงบอลชุด uefa ทีเด็ดบอล UCL ตรงนี้เพียงแค่นั้น


    สำหรับบอลไทย พวกเราก็ไม่ละเลยที่จะอัพเดตข้อมูลต่างๆทั้งยังพวกเราก็มีการเคลื่อนไหวต่างๆมานำเสนอ ไม่ว่าจะเป็น ผลบอลเมื่อคืนนี้ พินิจพิจารณาบอลวันนี้ บอล โปรแกรมบอล ตารางบอลไทย รวมทั้งเรื่องราวในวงการ บอลประเทศไทย ตั้งแต่ โตโยต้า ไทยลีก, เอ็ม 150 แชมเปี้ยนชิพ, ยูโร่ขนมเค้ก ลีก โปร และก็ ยูโร่ขนมเค้ก ลีก รวมทั้งบอลถ้วยอย่าง ช้าง เอฟเอคัพ และก็ โตโยต้า ลีกคัพ ด้วย พูดได้ว่าคอบอลไทยจะได้รับข้อมูลจาก บวกสิบบอลไทย แบบเต็มที่ จุใจกันทุกวี่ทุกวันอย่างยิ่งจริงๆ

    ReplyDelete
  9. แทงหวยออนไลน์ 1xbet es แทงหวยฮานอย Lotto 1xbet ios อัตราการจ่ายมากที่สุด
    ชวนเข้ามาลองทำความรู้จักกับคาสิโนออนไลน์ที่อยู่ในใจนักการพนันจากทั่วทั้งโลก ทั้งยังยุโรปแล้วก็ทวีปเอเชีย เป็นเวบพนันที่มีอัตราต่อรองสูงที่สุด มีโปรโมชั่นสูงที่สุด ลงทะเบียนเป็นสมาชิกใหม่ยังได้รับอีกเป็นรหัสโปรโมชั่น ตรงนี้พวกเรารับแทง ล็อตโต้, ลอตเตอรี่พาวเวอร์บอล, โป๊กเกอร์ออนไลน์, รูเล็ต, คาบาร่า, ไฮโล, กางล็คแจ็ค รวมทั้งรวมทั้งหวย การเดิมพันบอล แล้วก็ กีฬาอื่นๆแล้วก็ล็อตโต้

    เอาอกเอาใจคอลอตเตอรี่ไทยด้วยการแจกทีเด็ดลอตเตอรี่จำนวนมากก่อนวันสลากกินแบ่งออก ชำระเงินจริงแล้วก็มั่นคงที่สุดเว็บไซต์แทงหวยมาแรงที่สุดขณะนี้

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank u so much for sharing this sites great job i like it.. Earn points by completing paid surveys, free offers,
    or sharing us with your friends. Earn enough points and you can Get Free Robux. Visit on my site
    free Robux Generator

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am glad to see that your web site share valued info that can assist to several readers.
    For more information visit
    wordpress
    ufa88kh.blogspot
    youtube
    ភ្នាល់បាល់​ អនឡាញ



    ReplyDelete