topborder_kasfrakturs

topborder_kasfrakturs

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Show Sneak Peak!


It has been a crazy few months! I returned to graduate school for my last year (hooray!) and it has been a whirlwind. I apologize for the radio silence, between my internship and my schoolwork I have been a busy lady. If you would like to see what I have been up to, check out the Indiana Historical Society's blog.

Despite the abundance of wonderful museum work I have been doing, I have not forgotten my art. I am excited for the upcoming From Our Hands show on November 15th in Peninsula, Ohio.

Peninsula is a town embedded in my childhood and in my heart. We spent hours in the Cuyahoga Valley National Park, and my mother used to have a different show in the same venue we will be in for From Our Hands. In those days, my twin sister and I used to sell our own art--the culinary kind--in the form of lemonade and cookies. This year I am selling art once again, but alas cannot sell it with the childhood cuteness my sister and I used to sell most of our wares (cute kids and cookies is a killer combo). So I thought I would give you a sneak peek of what I have been working on this year. Some holiday themed items will be available, and lots of other fun things! Can't wait to see you all there!
I couldn't show you all of the good stuff, but I wanted to give you a few snippets of some of my favorite pieces that will be at the show with me.




6 comments:

  1. how wonderful! I have been to Penninsula many times. Unfortunately I won't be able to attend the show even though I only live 45 min away. Very disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear it! Anything I have left over will go up on the website though, and I will be posting some after-show pics.

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to see what delights you have in store for us!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see yours too, Lori Ann!

      Delete
  3. hi, i'm a new follower (here and pinterest). just wanted to pop by and express my squeal of delight in finding your work. i've always adored frakturs, you've certainly caught my eye! wish i was closer for the show, sounds divine. off to check out link for the historical society. congrats on your studies. thx for sharing and best always to you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you for your lovely compliments--they are truly a gift. I am always glad to find other kindred fraktur-lovers! The best to you as well. :)

      Delete